Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Cool
The other day I was in Comet in Longwell Green picking up something for my son. While I was waiting I noticed a member of staff leaning against the counter flirting with the young women at the tills. He wasn't that young but seemed to fancy himself a bit. An older employee came to the counter. He may have been a manager. I wondered if he would reprimand the young scamp for his behaviour in front of us customers. The conversation went like this:-
Young: "Why has she (young woman) got her pay slip? She's been paid already and she's only been here a few weeks. I've been here seven years."
Old: "I hear we've got some positions opening up for leaning on the counter and chatting..."
Young:(feigning offence) "I've been providing a customer service!"
Old: "What avoiding customers so you don't upset them..."
That shut him up.

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

nice to see Old's got the best line

 

Post a Comment

<< Home