Thursday, January 11, 2007

The end of the world
Today the winds made Bristol feel like the end of the world. Someone had a dream the other night about the apocalypse. I appeared in the dream drunk. Today's armageddon found me merely hungover instead. I often find that looking at the world through last nights beer goggles makes it appear even more surreal than usual.

I drove to a housing block we manage at 9am to be greeted by an officious man in a high visibility coat telling me and everyone else that we couldn't park there or we'd be clamped. I managed to persuade him it was OK for me to park there - but he pointed at a woman about to park down the road saying,
"You'll have to tell her she can't park there."
"She's nothing to do with me" I replied.

Later a former colleague turned up at our office for a coffee and use of the internet. The traffic had been so bad in the wind he had abandoned his journey. The phone rang and someone asked for him. I passed the phone over.
"Who is it? No one knows I'm here" he said
"I don't know"
He asked the caller how she got this number. She told him it was in their records.
"But I haven't worked here for 3 years".
It was his bank - asking him to come in for one of their "reviews".

A memeber of my team asked me in her supervision meeting if I thought that excessive cannabis use could cause a man to be sterile.
"I don't think so" I said " I expect all the sperm just swim around aimlessly going
"Hey man - which way is it."

The world seems to still be here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home