Thursday, May 08, 2008

Not any more
On sunday I went to the Spar to get some Mr Muscle Oven Cleaner. The person serving me was the son of the owners who runs the garage next door.
"Was your wing mirror OK?", I asked. I had hit it with my wing mirror a couple of weeks ago while reversing to give way.
"Fine," he said - "I put it back on - occupational hazzard of parking in this street".
"I know", I said, "I try to to get worked up about it."
"He gets woound up about it all the time." I said about a well known local man who lives in my street. He's had his wing mirrors knocked off by kids a few times.
"He won't be any more", said garage man with a grin.
"Why?", said I.
"He died on thursday."
"Oh my god.", I said. " I didn't know".
"Yes, he had a heart attack crossing the road."
"Well I never."

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

did you ever?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home