Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Cork
Hello from West Cork. I've been here since saturday and realy like it. I went on a boat yesterday with my son looking for dolphins. We didn't find any - but saw some porpoises, seals and a minke whale. Later in the day I realised that I had badly sunburned my face - this was unexpected as I had been covered in a coat, hat, sunglasses etc. The only bit of my body exposed was the bit of my face below my sunglasses and this was burnt. I think I had sunstroke because I started having shivers and a headache later.

Things which I find unbearably parochial in england - I find amusing in Ireland. I expect that's a patronising attitude - but at least I'm more fond than dismissive here. The main reason that I feel at home hear is the prevalence of my name. Whereas at home - my name is mainly used for dorky characters on TV (And is even being ridiculed on Radio 1's Barryoke) in Ireland - everyone seems to be called Barry. Its a normal name an in Bantry seems to be the name of most businesses. Pictorial evidence for this on my return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home