Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Service
I went to a posh hotel for a meeting today. The Tortworth Court near Wooton-under-Edge. My manager has his ankle in plaster so four of us had to go there to meet him prior to our service being inspected tommorow. I did some inspecting of the service at Tortworth Court. The woman who served us was eastern european, pretty and very helpful. I ordered a black coffee - as is my want. I drink black coffee - that is - coffee without milk. She brought the black coffee along with the other orders (A cappuccino, a latte, a herbal tea and a diet coke). It had one of those small italian caremelised biscuits on the saucer. I can't eat them at the moment as I'm not eating wheat so I offered it around.
"Would you like milk with your black coffee?", she offered - kindly proferring a metal milk jug in my direction.
"No thankyou" I smiled - flashing a look at my colleague. She carried on dishing out the drinks to the others. Before she left she turned to me enquiring again,
"Would you like some milk with your black coffee?"
No thanks, " I said - turning my Oliver Hardy look up to a level nine and wondering what her issue was.

3 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Blogger petitejules said...

hmm

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger petitejules said...

Perhaps she had just finished serving my aunt and uncle.

Last year while hosting my Mum's 60th Birthday celebrations I asked them how they took their coffee. "Black" they said "...with milk."

There's nowt as queer as folk.

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger baruch said...

Maybe its a policy of theirs. Next time I shall ask for black coffee without milk just to make sure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home