Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Choir
I went to choir practice last night. I wasn't sure whether or not to go. My partner is still in London and her son is due to have an operation tommorow and maybe I shouldn't be doing things like that. Also - I had a headache - a strange sort of headache which felt like someone was stretching my scalp tight. I didn't tell her about it earlier on the phone after she told me that he was suffering with headaches.

Just before I left for choir I got a simultaneous call and text from my friend who I was due to meet at a meeting later. He wanted to change the venue to his house as he had been hit by a pushbike and knocked over badly today. He sounded upset. He was at pains to stress it was his fault.

"Are you OK? I asked, meaning are you badly injured.
"No", he said, "I'm really shaken".

I said I'd see him later and went to the choir. I listened to the Archers on the way and was uncomfortable about how Roy was blaming Brenda for his baby being premature. When I walked into the choir - the tutor came over to me and gave me lots of attention asking me about my partners son. I gave some info and lots of people were genuinely concerned and sympathetic. One woman put her hand on my knee and said I must have been through a lot.
"It's not me", I reacted, "I'm OK - Its her .... and him".

We started the vocal exercises and I really thought I had made a mistake coming. I couldn't allow myself to let go, to get into it. It felt wrong. I thought about walking out. Then gradually, I found myself grinning and joining in. So I stayed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home