Monday, January 28, 2008

5th Round
At 6.10am this morning I dreamed it was 7.ooam and woke up thinking my alarm was about to go off. Trying to go back to sleep I became obsessed with trying to remember which teams had qualified for the 5th round of the FA Cup. I knew the big four were there and Middlesborough because I had seen the game. There must be more premier league teams. I tried to forget about it and go back to sleep.
Portsmouth - I remembered Portsmouth were through. They had beaten Plymouth in the "Battle of the naval dockyards." That made six. Only another 10 to go. Cardiff - obviously and Rovers. West Brom had beaten Peterborough who are managed by Fergie's son - Darren. Seven more - there must be another premiership team. I went through them counting them on my fingers. I got to about 16 then gave up. Then I started scouring the country in my mind. None of the other north east teams were throught. Newcastle had lost to Chelsea and I couldn't remember Sunderland in the 4th round. Everton were out - so I went through the London teams. I remembered Huddersfield.
Pretty soon it was 7 and the alarm went off.
I went downstairs and booted up the computer while I fed the cat. I went straight to the BBC site. Man City. I had forgotten about them. They lost to Sheffield united. I hadn't been aware of that game.
I'm sure this sort of thing happens to you all the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home