Sunday, January 20, 2008

Jogging in the Early Morning Rain
Jogging in the early morning rain
Feeling good about the pain
Twenty minutes up the cycle track
Ten minutes there and Ten minutes back
All is quiet I see no one
I may as well have nothing on
Except 3 youths in tops with hoods
Who probably aren’t up to no good
And one cyclist who doesn’t smile
We cross each other single file.
Jogging in the early morning rain
I tell myself that I must gain
From all this pumping all this sweating
And the aching - not forgetting
All the washing – early rising
But I like it – that’s surprising
In ear headphones-MP3
No one’s up to bother me
Delaying when I check the time
No one to cheat the agenda’s mine
Making sure I breath out and in
And finding that it stops the pain.
Jogging in the early morning rain
It’ll be easier if I do it again
Feeling like my body’s real
Blood and sweat from head to heel
In Sundays race I’m far ahead
As everyone is still in bed
And I forget I’m forty two
And that my belly’s turned to goo
And I forget my hairline’s high
I feel the rain I see the sky.
Jogging in the early morning rain
I’m on my street I’m back again
I pass my door but walk on past
My walking pace is just as fast
I love the stretch the warming down
I feel in my pocket for two pounds
I put them there to use them later
And hand them over for my paper
I place it underneath my mac
And hold it there as I walk back
Jogging in the early morning rain
Feeling better about the pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home