Saturday, January 12, 2008

Old Acquaintance
I phoned an old friend today. I wasn't sure about it - because I have mixed feelings towards him. He was a close friend - but he didn't always treat me well. Anyway - he sent me a christmas card and I appreciated him making the effort to stay in touch after all these years - so I called him. The chat went fine - him explaining that he didn't use computers much or watch TV because he didn't like looking at screens - me saying that that was very good - but I was addicted.

We discussed various old school friends we had been in touch with. He mentioned having seen one recently with his wife.
"She still holds something against me for something I said nineteen years ago".
I wanted to say something understanding - like - "some people are like that" but what came out was - "You reap what you sow".
He didn't react to this and it was only later in the day that I realised the meaning of what I had said.

3 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

your old acquaintance's wife? and did he say what he'd said?

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger baruch said...

No - I didn't ask - I was too busy unconsciously getting even

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

that's odd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home