Friday, January 11, 2008

Work Life Balance
This is my first post written on my partners new MacBook. I'm not prejudiced.

This morning was the second friday of my new work pattern. I made a "Work Life Balance" request and now I leave at 1.45 on fridays so that I can pick up my son from school. I make up some of the hours by starting at 7.00 on that day. I quite like coming in early. It gives me a couple of hours to get on with things without being interrupted. I get up at 6.30, get to work at 7.00 - forsaking both shower and breakfast. I seem to have started a tradition of having breakfast at 9.00 of 3 slices of toast with marmite and lunch at 12.00 of 4 slices of the same. You either love it or you hate it!

I can also listen to music while I work - if no one is around. I pause my MP3 when the phone rings. This morning I was alone pretty much from 7.00 until 1.00. I listened to seven Bob Dylan albums (The Basement tapes - both discs; Highway 61 Revisited; John Wesley Harding; Nashville Skyline; New Morning; Oh Mercy and  The Freewheelin'). I've been a bit obsessed since seeing "I'm not there".


A colleague came in briefly about 9.00.
"I couldn't listen to Bob Dylan for more than about 3 hours a day" I quipped.
"Yes it can be a bit samey", she said, missing the point.  

4 Comments:

At 11:53 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

I think I must've missed the point also

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger baruch said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger baruch said...

I couldn't spend more than 3 seconds a day explaining my quips.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

now you've got quips?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home