Sunday, January 06, 2008

Loyalty
" I went to the game at Ashton gate today" I told him on the phone. He had called me because he had noticed a missed call from me. I expalined that I was at the ground and wanted to be kept updated of the Cardiff score. He had been in the same boat as he had been at the races with work.
I told him that I would be looking out on match of the day to see if we coul;d be seen in the crowd as I had lifted my son in the air when we had scored.
"I think you should take some time to reflect on that last sentance" he said with a chuckle in his voice.
"I said we didn't I" I said - emabarrassed.
He made understanding noises - saying you've got to get into it when you're there etc...
"I did say it", I said " and I can't unsay it"
"I've not been saying we all day - but I said it when I'm speaking to you of all people."
He asked me about the game and we moved on in the conversation. I couldn't understand why I had said it as I had felt like a Cardiff supporter all day - but I had said we at the ground so I could get into it with my son.

1 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

where's Monday's blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home