Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Have a Go
After driving through 45 minutes of disgusting traffic -following a really stressful appointment he phoned me - when I was nearly there - to tell me that the table-tennis court wasn't booked. There had been a mix up between him and his friend - both thinking the other had made the booking. They were going to the pub to play pool instead.
"See you there." I said.
I arrived first and ordered a pint of orange juice and lemonade - its another nine days before I'm allowing myself to drink alcohol.
"£2.20", he said.
"They charged me £1.90 last night", I said. They had. He checked and charged me £1.90 muttering something under my breath. He turned up and I bought him a pint of the same and got some 50p pieces.
As we started the game he explained that he had never told his friend that he has booked it.
"He was swearing at me down the phone."
A few minutes later the friend hadn't arrived.
"Do you think he's gone of in a huff?" I asked.
"No", he said", "I think he'll come down here to have a go at me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home