Monday, January 21, 2008

We're all talking about it
I booked tickets yesterday morning to see "No Country for Old Men" - the new Coen brothers film. We had discussed it on saturday and agreed to go. We had friends around for sunday lunch.
"Would you like to go to see the new Coen film?" he said over the washing up.
"We're going tonight", I said,"I've booked tickets. Aparently its quite gory".
"Gory" - she said, "You didn't tell me it was gory".
"I thought you knew about it", I said. "You like the Coens - it'll be fine".

After the film she said
"It was a good film and all that - but it wasn't really my thing".

When I got home there was an email from a friend. It said:
"I'm trying to get a gang together to go and see No Place for Old Men ".
I replied saying
"I've just come back from the Watershed. I saw a film called "No Country for Old Men". It sounds very similar to the one you're suggesting. I liked it a lot - but am unlikely to want to see two such similar sounding films in close proximity."

Just now I spoke to a friend after misinterpreting his blog. He's part of the gang going on monday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home