Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Reject
Its quite possible that I'm overcautious about football related partisan violence. I'm not someone who's indulged in it myself and at my time of life I don't feel like starting. Anyway - last night I went to a local pub to watch the play off semi final between Bristol City and Crystal Palace. I'm not a supporter of either team but I am interested in Bristol City as I live here and my son supports them and I've seen them live a few times. I wanted them to win - and if they go up - I'll try to see some premiership games.

On the other hand I do hate Lee Trundle. He's an ex Swansea player who famously insulted Cardiff City once in a stupid way. When I went to see Bristol against City last month I thoroughly enjoyed the ninety minutes of abuse aimed at Trundle. He also looks annoying and full of himself.

Last night I stopped myself from doing the two things I wanted to do in the pub - that it - wear a Cardiff City shirt and shout abuse at Trundle. I didn't do either of these harmless things just in case there was a Bristol City (Or Rovers) fan in the pub who might take exception to this overtly Cardiff behaviour.

After a couple of pints I did shout "Swansea Reject" - but no one seemed to notice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home