Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Not everyone's cup of tea

On the table next to us in the chinese restaurant were two couples in their 60's. ( As opposed to two pairs which are beaten by a full house.) I was struck by how much older the woman facing me looked than the man sat next to her, I took to be her husband- sometimes men seem better preserved. Anyway he (the younger looking man) asked if they did English tea.
"Only Chinese tea", said the waiter.
"Oh I wouldn't want that would I?" said younger looking man "I'll just have a coke".
Later I heard the waiter explaining
"If you want english tea, go to english restaurant - chinese restaurant serves chinese tea." He walked away smiling.
"He can't speak to you like that" said the woman with her back to me. "Don't you know the manager" she asked younger looking man.
" I do know the manager" he said. " Next time I see Mr Wong I'll ask him to get in some Typhoo".
I smiled as I sipped my chinese tea.

1 Comments:

At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting site. Useful information. Bookmarked.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home