Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Forgetting myself
The other day I went to the pub for an hour with a friend. He had called by unexpectedly while passing through the city where I live. We needed to get out of the house because discussions about religion with a member of my family were getting a bit much.
About 35 minutes into the hour my mobile phone rang. I took the call without thinking because it was the mother of a friend of my son about them meeting up and I wanted it to happen. When I finished (about 5 minutes later) my friend looked pissed off. He was right to be - I shouldn't have taken the call.

4 Comments:

At 10:10 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

yes, you're both right, it was very rude of you

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger FBRAK said...

Why is it rude to answer your phone?

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

ask your father

 
At 11:51 PM, Blogger baruch said...

It is rude - my son - because I was spending time with someone - then suddenly - I wasn't there with him. I was with someone else and he had to sit there waiting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home