Thursday, May 11, 2006

About the weather

Decided to take the bus into town so I could have a drink while watching the match. Haven't had one for a while. On the way to the bus stop there was the most amazing thunderstorm. My trousers got soaked but my coat did its job.

Just before the bus stop I got a shooting pain in my foot. I think I pulled something. I was leaning against the shelter (you can't sit very comfortably) when I said something like "That was a bit of a surpirse," to the young woman next to me about the weather. She agreed then said
"I'm not coming back her tonight - not if its like this"
I nodded.
"I'm not coming back - I didn't get any sleep last night."
I wondered why she was telling me this. Each time the thunder struck she re-iterated that she was going to her mums and wasn't coming back tonight.
I didn't ask her any further questions.

1 Comments:

At 10:12 AM, Blogger sb4444 said...

The storms were very localised. I missed them completely, but a man standing next to me got soaked.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home