Sunday, May 07, 2006

Walking the dog

This morning I woke up yapping and jumping on this so I took myself for a walk. It was beautiful and sunny. I had my headphones and my dark glasses on so I felt safe. I took my headphones off to hear the birds by the cemetary. I noticed the doomed Chocolate Factory from a new angle - overgrown and poignant. I took this photo.















Then my phone ran out of battery.
I saw people on the cyclepath dressed shaggily and walking staggeringly. "What are they doing walking at 8am on a sunday?" I thought. Just after they passed I caught a whiff of booze which may have been my answer.

I saw a man on the graffitied bridge doing vigorous press-ups which made me both envious and tired. Some people walked their dogs. Sometimes we acknowledged each other with a nod or a grunt. Sometimes we didn't.

I strayed from the path and found myself somewhere unfamiliar within a mile of my home. I wasn't sure whether to go left or right. To intense pleasure I ended up walking through allotments - which I admired and envied. The viaduct looked majestic. I noticed a hanging with images of wildlife on it.

I was drawn to return via the main road. I wanted to see what was going on there at this time. I was looking for a sleazy twist to the tale. I found none. Only a woman walking a dog I thought I might once have known. We sort of smiled.

Unusually the papershop counter was staffed by both husband and wife. More often it's one or the other.

A man washed his car - his trousers below his buttocks showing his underwear in that way some people wear it nowadays.

3 Comments:

At 2:19 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

good photo, is it really with your phone?

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger baruch said...

actually it was with my watch

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home