Saturday, April 22, 2006

The Right Time
I took my son for a reluctant haircut this afternoon. I go to a place I've been going to for years. I like the guy - he's friendly and remembers me. We had to wait quite a while as it was busy. The barber chatted as he worked in a language I don't understand. There seem to be lots of funny bits. An ageing west indian guy who was getting implatient asked "What is the right time?"
"The same time as yesterday," said the barber smiling.
"5 to 2," I said looking at my watch.
"The same time as yesterday" said the barber again. "That's what they say in Pakistan".
"What does it mean?" I asked.
"It means - I haven't got a watch." Said he.

8 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"What does it?"? ...mean?

 
At 12:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks pedant - ammendment made

 
At 11:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like this anecdote, Baruch Bloke.
Shall I put a link to this site on my blogroll?
See ya soon,
Lawrence

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger sb4444 said...

Yes, do, Lawrence. I more the merrial.

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

you could leave your blogroll address, Lawrence P Said.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger baruch said...

A Can of Words is now linked on my blog

 
At 11:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

 
At 11:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home