Friday, July 14, 2006

Doors of Perception
It happens nearly every day so I have become quite resolute about it. After a long day I come home, eventually find someone to park may car somewhere in the vicinity of my house, and engage in a strange sort of ritual. It goes like this.

I open the car door nearest to the road - usually to get my son out - but today it was the shopping (He was on the kerbside). At the moment I open the door a car appears as if by magic and the driver puts his/her foot down. I refuse to close the door until I have finished getting son/shopping out. Drivers shouts abuse at me as he/she speeds past. I shout abuse back at him/ her which probably can't be heard.

Today it was in slow motion. He was a taxi driver and he lowered him wondow in order to shout "Mash it up, Mash it up".
At first I thought he was giving me cullinary advice about the potatoes in my bag. Then I realised he was telling me what he planned to do to my car door if I didn't move it. I yelled that I had to get my son out of the car (Bizarre because as I have mentioned he was on the other side.) I think I was taking the opportunity to yell this at someone who had to listen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home