Sunday, April 29, 2007

Day of Rest
Its 9.52am. At 9.00 I got out of bed having read a Chapter of my book "How the Dead Live" by Will Self. I decided not to have a shower so I put 4 part baked croissants in the oven for my son and I and put on my Birkenstocks for my sunday mornig ritual walk to the paper shop. Rounding the corner on the end of my street I was greeted by a scene unlike any other sunday morning I remember. Vehicles covered in dayglo yellow and green; red and white tape across the road; people stading by their front gates looking on. I walked up to an onlooker.
"What happened? I said
"I don't know".
I approached the next man. He told me there had been a stabbing about 15 minutes ago - a man had walked out of the paper shopped and was stabbed in the stomach and next by a random nutter.
"What - just now!.... 15 minutes ago... did they get him?"
"I don't think so - I think someone said there was another stabbing around the corner also. It could have been me - I was on the way to the paper shop".
"Or me....."

7 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger FBRAK said...

Jeebus! That's scary.

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Ladybristol said...

I'm glad I stayed in bed longer this morning. I came over to your side of town when I got up. Thank God it's Sunday.

 
At 8:25 PM, Blogger FBRAK said...

You sent me this link, but I think it also needs to be tagged to this post.
Anyone reading this post may want to check out http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/6605613.stm

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

this is a better link
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger sb4444 said...

I listened to Radio Bristol news this morning and they didn't mention it.

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

it was a byline in the Guardian

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

in the Evening Post today, Thursday 10th May, was reported this man's death from his injuries

 

Post a Comment

<< Home