Monday, November 05, 2007

Facebook Dilemma
I had a facebook dilemma today. I decided to tell someone I didn't want to be her facebook friend. I explained that I was happy have contact with her and possibly to become her friend - but for reasons which are complex - I don't want our relationship to be public. She accepted this and apoligised for asking.

I was very close to having made the wrong decision and allowing her to be my facebook friend. This was because I tend to try to avoid upsetting people and its often easier to do what people ask me to do. A course that I've been on recently helped me to challenge this pattern of passiveness in myself.

I'm pleased with myself that I made the right decision.

I wonder if I could do the same thing in opposite - refuse to be someone's real friend but offer to be their facebook friend instead.

2 Comments:

At 9:44 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

how tantalising

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

still, don't mind a bit of speculation...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home