Thursday, October 11, 2007

End
I'm coming to the end of the road. The wall road - the road with no wall. It was a longer journey than I envisaged - involving more people, more money, more thought and more stress than I'd bargained for. More of everything for less wall. I'm so knackered anyone would think I did the work myself. Actually I have been doing some of the work - decorating the last three evenings after work - that's why I'm indisposed in the way I just mentioned. In the morning the men come to fit the carpet - I presume they will be men - but actually I know nothing of their gender. One thing I didn't know before is that in 2007 if you tell people you're buying a carpet - approximately 85% of them say:-
"Have you thought of polishing the floorboards? or
"Have you thought of laminate flooring?".
Maybe if I buy a new bath - everyone will wonder if I've thought washing myself with baby wipes instead. I'll never know until I do - and I'm not likley to because there's nothing wrong with my bath and I don't like the smell of baby wipes - OK???
I would like to say - that manifesting an absense of wall has taken up valuable blogging time - which is my reason for the recent barren patch. The fact is - its not true - it was my burgeoning addiction to facebook scrabble that has taken every spare moment - there it is - I've said it now - I hope you're happy. Goodnight!

1 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

I'm not happy about it. In fact I'm rather disappointed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home