Friday, September 07, 2007

Parking
I parked the car in Weymouth car park - cursing myself again that I'd forgotten to get the blue badge from his mum. £3.80 for three hours - shit! I looked at my hand after I trawled my bag for change. Two £2 coins. I checked the machine. It didn't take £2 coins.
"Have you got any change?
"Only about 50p" she said as she pushed him in the wheelchair.
I noticed a man sorting things in his boot before leaving his car. He looked rugged and practical.
"I don't suppose you've got a couple of pound coins you could change for me - I expect you need them yourself..."
He pulled a load of change from his pocket.
"I think I have", he said offering me two pound coins slowly.
"Thanks" I said. I noticed that he had another pound and two fifties which would split my other £2 coin.
"D'you think you could change this as well" I said "Its a real pain this car park"
He paused and looked at me.
"Just waiting for one word" he said.
"Oh...please", I said "Could you please change the money for me... I'm sorry..."
"Its OK", he said offering me the coins, "It doesn't take much".
I walked away not knowing whether to laugh or scream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home