Sunday, May 18, 2008

Shirt
"Come on", he said. "I know somewhere we can get a late drink near here".
I looked around me and Soho was busy and bustling. The pub we were leaving was still serving and I wasn't sure why we were moving on - but he had just arrived and seemed urgent. Some people just seem to make leadership decisions and he's one. We followed him down a few streets and lanes and came to a club with a man on the door. He was engaging the man in conversation as if they had met before. I realised there was a problem.
"He can't come in", he said pointing at me," With that shirt on. We're not allowing any supporters in."
"What if he does his jacket up and covers it up", said my friend.
"No", said the doorman.
"I'll take it off", I said and I removed my denim jacket and took off my replica shirt off putting in my jacket pocket. Under this current shirt I had an old rugby style football shirt (one of my dad's)
"Nice one", said the leader.
We didn't go in.
This morning I discovered that I had lost my shirt.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home