Wednesday, September 06, 2006

An Offer
I was just walking back from the pub and as I went up Washington Ave I saw a group of young people chatting and smoking outside someone's house. Sometimes I get intimidated by groups like this - but this lot seemed OK so I just walked by them taking in the smell of marijuana as I went past.
"Hey you" said a young man to my surprize. Almost automaticaly I ignored him and walked on. He said it again and for some reason I turned my head and said
"What?".
"D'you wanna smoke some weed? he said.
"No thanks" I said and walked home.
I wondered to myself as I walked - Did he want to mug me? Probably not. Did he want to sell me some smoke? Possibly. Then I noticed the anorak I was wearing. I came to the sad conclusion that he must have thought that I looked like I needed some excitement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home