Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Worth a try
"I'd like to withdraw £300 cash", I told the woman behind the glass screen in the building society.
"How would you like the money?" she asked
"As it comes", I said, "It going straight in the bank."
"Twenties OK?" she said
"Yes", I said slightly irritated that this wasn't as it comes.
In the bank I slipped my hand into my bag and pulled the cash out of the building society book. I wrote out the paying in slip and putting the cash inside the cheque book put it in the security drawer type thing. The assistant was clearly friendly. I had heard her greet the old lady before by using her name. I assumed she was a regular.
As she was counting out my money - I became aware it was short. I felt into my bag and there were two twenties still in there. I placed them in the drawer and smiled.
"Worth a try", she said.
As she passed back my cheque book she asked if there was anything else she could help with. I told her there wasn't.
"Thanks very much Mr Fromthespar, " she said, "Have a nice day".
I did.

2 Comments:

At 9:49 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

Mr Upfromthespar, surely

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger FBRAK said...

2 points;

1) Wow! That's pretty amazing

2) Has she assumed (as I have) that your first name is "Up"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home