Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Stopped
I was stopped by the police on sunday. I was just coming into Coronation Road taking my son and his cousin back after a birthday related sleep-over.
"No need to worry", said Plod as I opened the window, "It's part of Operation Summer Toxin....can you tell me when you last had an alcoholic drink?"
"Ummm...what is it now?", I said "Sunday?". I looked and probably sounded blank as I scanned my mind through the activities of the previous day (singing in a choir at a fair then going to the Monster Jam at the Millenium Stadium)
"How about in the last twelve hours?", he said putting me out of my misery.
"Oh... I didn't drink yesterday". I said
"That's fine sir", He said, "That'll be all".
I drove off feeling slightly pleased with myself and slightly ashamed that I'm so boring.

1 Comments:

At 7:18 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

boring? well you might be but that was a really interesting story

 

Post a Comment

<< Home