Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bank
"I don't need a paying in slip do I?" I said to the attractive eastern european bank teller.
"No" she smiled, "Just insert your card".
I did as she said and obediently entered my pin number as I handed over the cheque for £75. It had been given to me by a new friend for the Leonard Cohen ticket I had bought. Its a lot of money but seems well worth it at the moment. I'm a fan. My new friend has an eastern european name. He is thinking of dropping one of the consonants to make it easier to spell.
"I've noticed Mr Fromthespar, that its more than twelve months since you've had your annual review", said the teller.
"I know", I smiled, "That's because I don't want one".
"You don't want us to save you money", she persisted.
"No," I beamed, " I'm really happy with my account".
"OK", she said. "Is there anything else I can help you with?"
I thought for a second.
"No thankyou" I said and I walked out smiling.

2 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

when were you in eastern europe?

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger baruch said...

Eastern Bristol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home