Friday, September 26, 2008

Disappointment
I went swimming on Wednesday morning. I didn't feel able to run this week because I twisted my ankle last week - so when two colleagues suggested a 7am swim - I thought - hmm! - good idea. I decided to walk to them pool as my car was booked into for an MOT. I enjoyed walking through Easton before 7 in the morning. It was quiet and fresh. I nearly jumped out of my skin when a black man said "Alright mate" to me as we passed each other crossing the dual carriageway. I mumbled alright back to him once I got over myself.

Years ago I used to live on that stretch of Stapleton Road and had known all the shops really well. Now I rarely go down there and they are all strange to me. I was excited to see that there was a 24 hour supermarket. That'll be handy I thought - to get things late at night (which I never do and we have a 24 hour tesco's anyway). My excitement soon gave way to disappointment when I realised that it was closed.

3 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

Is it closed for good?

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger baruch said...

I'll jog over there at 3am tomorrow and find out.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home