Sunday, November 16, 2008

Commando
On Wednesday I went swimming before work. I have an exercise regime which means I want to do at least one form of exercise a week. I keep a chart by my computer to monitor this and meet with a colleague for friend breakfast once a month or so to monitor it. I have missed a couple of weeks because of half term and not feeling 100%. I prepared my stuff the night before because its always a rush and I try to not to wake her up when I get out of bed at 6.30. I left trunks, pants, trousers and shirt on the chair in my sons room on tuesday night. He doesn't use the room in the week.

The alarm didn't go off at 6.30 and opening my eye I noticed that it was 6.55. I got out of bed in a daze and wandered into my son's room to get dressed. (I found out later that I had set the alarm for 7.30 by mistake. I often get this wrong as I'm usually tired when I do it.) I got to the pool at 7.20 and as I scrabbled for change I remembered that I had forgotten to bring my pants. (I was wearing my trunks to save time. I enjoyed the swim - though I only managed 30 lengths as I was late and knackered (I usually do 40). I toyed with the idea of going home to pick up some pants but decided I would have a commando day instead. I wanted to go in early as my hours are down at work and I had lots to do.

My main concern - now that I had realised that wearing these trousers without pants wasn't uncomfortable was to challenge myself not to do what I would usually do - tell everyone about it. I am aware of my exhibitionist tendancies and often enjoy them - but I thought that in these circumstances it would be best to keep schtum. I managed this well all morning - through the team meeting and a staff superision session I had with one of my team. Lunch was fine and it wasn't until after 3pm that it started to nag at me. The colleague I was most likely to share this with was sitting next to me and I knew that we would have a giggle about it. I decided to go half way but to stick with my plan. I told her that there was something I was challenging myself not to tell her as it was unnecessary and innapropriate to share. She found this infuriating but it kept me going for a while. I got all the way to 4.50 - ten minutes before I was due to leave before I let it out to three people in the office - two women and one man. We shared "Commando" stories. I was both happy and ashamed.

2 Comments:

At 11:31 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

They do their best, do what they can
They get them ready for Vietnam
From old Hanoi to East Berlin
Commando, involved again

 
At 7:21 PM, Blogger FBRAK said...

It is very hard to keep a piece of information like that to ones' self.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home