Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sunday Revelation
Today's going loads better than I expected. I woke up with the hangover of the hopeless thoughts that dogged me at the tail end of yesterday. I knew that these thoughts were an aftershock of the difficult discussion we had had earlier in the day - but I couldn't help worrying that they would cast a shadow over my "free day" and worse - lead me to say or do things I might later regret.

I got in the bath at 7.30 and picked up my book - not expecting to focus - but to my surprise I was near the end of the chapter before too many internal interruptions. Having read for nearly an hour I got out and did the washing up. She was still asleep and I relished this time to myself. She was up by the time I returned from the paper shop - and I noticed my mood had lifted slightly and I didn't react too badly to the end of my time alone.

My stomach felt bloated from last nights curry and I decided not to eat anything until it had settled down. Instead I opened the paper and started reading the news section. I haven't done this for ages - usually jumping straight to the crossword and often getting no further. I read about child abuse and social work disasters and chatted seriously with my partner across the table. The crossword went OK though not spectacularly. I noted an article in the review section that I intended to read later.

After her bath we decided to go to town to look in FOPP for some CD's we both wanted. I am usually resentful about driving on the weekend - but I let it go and was amazed to find a parking space just off Park St which was free on sundays. On entering FOPP she pointed aout the Nick Cave section where they had both the albums I was looking for for £3 each. Amazing! I also bought another cd and a book I'd heard of. We went up Park Street looking for breakfast. We found a posh cafe which served expensive breakfasts. We went on further to Rocotillos but it was too full so we returned to the posh place. The serving guy was attentive - like a Maitre D and I liked it. Whilst we waited for our food I started reading the article about the "Great Thinker" Malcolm Gladwell which had caught my eye. I never read non-fiction nowadays - but clearly I am ready to start again because I was so impressed I went into Blackwells and bought one of his books.

Things have continued to go well. When I stopped looking to others to fulfill me - they started.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home