Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Its a good job I'm not the sort of person prone to being paranoid.
Yesterday morning my computer refused to start. Instead it produced a strange message telling me its NTDLR was missing. The screen remained black with about seven random numbers and letters on it - with different coloured backgrounds. - quite attractive really. Many conversations with stupid techies later - it remains in this indisposed state and I am using its less sophisticated older brother. Shit happens - I thought.
Later in the day I was driving in my car - my new shiny car -when the shiny electric drivers-side window decided to lower itself spontaneously and without my command. Slightly alarmed I felt for the switch and after some fiddling it rose again. A few minutes later it happened again. I fiddled again and this time nothing happened. I became aware of a cold draft befind my head. Glancing around I realised that the rear window had impudently lowered itself about three inches. "Oh my god!" I thought "I'm in one of those cars that thinks for itself like in one of those films". Then I remembered that the cd player keeps spitting out my discs after playing them once. "Maybe the car doesn't like Radiohead's new album". I thought. I'm not altogether sold on it myself.
On reflection I realised that I had accidently opened the rear window with my fiddling. I have decided that the front window is broken and it is booked into the garage tommorow. The CD player is just senstive. Enough of this sillyness - I'm not one of these people prone to paranoia about mechanical objects. What would they have against me anyway.
Today the fax player at work decided to act like a normal phone and cannot be coaxed into sending a fax.
This evening the radiators at home are giving me the cold shoulder.

4 Comments:

At 7:13 AM, Blogger FBRAK said...

"tits NTDLR", eh?

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger sb4444 said...

And the CD paying the discs?

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger baruch said...

Thank you proof reader - all sorted

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

I'd take the cold shoulder and get out of there...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home