Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Gym
I sort of woke before the alarm today as I often do - dozing within my thoughts, trying to avoid a few more seconds of reality. After a while a chanced a peek at the LED number on the alarm clock radio. 06:56.
Shit!!! it was supposed to go off at 6.30. I was due to meet a colleague at the gym at 7.
I rushed out of the room grabbing the gym clothes I had laid out last night in my sons' room. (he doesn't stay during the week and my partner doesn't get up until 7am and I don't want to wake her). I turned on my phone in the living room as I dressed - now noticing a need to pee and not being able to decide in my panic whether to phone or pee first.
Unable to decide I went up to the bathroom, sat on the loo and called my colleague.
"Really sorry - the alarm didn't go off - I'll be there in five".
"No worries", she said.
I made sure I ended the call before I flushed. I don't know her that well.
I grabbed my things, got in the car and was there by 7.06.
She had to wait as she was signing me into the gym as a guest. its all part of me enlisting people to do sporty things with me to help me get fitter - and about her liking to be helpful. I didn't have a pound coin so she let me share her locker.
I went on the treadmill first as usual. This was a different treadmill than last time and speeds I usually found a struggle were really easy. Had I got remarkably fitter? No -I realised that some machines were set for miles and some for kilometres. Never mind! I did feel quite good about my workout feeling slightly less pathetic than last time.
I noticed a man in the gym I had known through work some years ago. We smiled at each other twice. Later as I got out of the shower he appeared and asked where I was working now. I told him and asked about his work. We chatted about the gym. It was all going well until he took off is shirt to reveal a broad chest.
It ruined my day.

1 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger FBRAK said...

what was he keeping in this broad chest?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home