Saturday, November 29, 2008

Excitement
I got very excited about two things the week before last. When I get excited about things I often want to tell others about them and have them share my interest and excitement. The problem is - people don't generally like to be told by someone else what they should be interested in or excited about. People tend to resist overt suggestions from others. I know this because I am the same. The best way to get someone interested in something is to tell them about it without having any interest in them feeling the same as you. I know this - and it was reinforced by both of the things which excited me (a course and a book). My knowledge of this facet of human behaviour unfortunately flies in the face of the excited state I find myself in when I'm captivated by something and almost invariably I try to impose it on others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home