Thursday, January 15, 2009

Compliance
I needed to get some shopping yesterday but I didn't want to spend too much time or money on it as both are short at the mo. I was stuck in a queue heading for Tescos and I thought "sod this for a bag of smarties". So I turned around (Turning the car around also) and headed the other way. Cunningly I parked in the Aldi car park but walked from there to a small Tescos. In my mind(where else?) I was thinking - "If I can't get what I want in Tescos, I'll pop into Aldis -Do people say Aldi's? - and have a look. I quite like that Aldi but you never know what they'll have. I got most of what I wanted in Tescos and as I returned to the car park with all my heavy food in my red Rajanis bag, I started to feel guilt about parking the car there. There didn't seem to be a ticket but there were lots of large signs threatening fines for misuse of the car park. I put my stuff in the car and in a shameful act of compliance I went into Aldi. As it was, I found croissants there - which had been absent from the small Tescos. I didn't think I would have bought something just to park there as I reasoned that it must be OK to park there with the intention of shopping but not to find what you were after - a regular Aldi experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home