Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Territory
"Can you keep my seat " he said as he went to buy a drink. The match was about to start and we had good seats in the large Australian bar.
A young bearded man came over and started to sit in his seat.
"There's someone sitting there" said my friend. He shuffled slightly but didn't move.
"We're keeping that seat for somebody" he re-iterated.
The man shuffled again - but showed no sign of recognition. Then he got up and walked away.
"I don't think he spoke any english" said my friend.
"He's just going to the bar" I said.
But he didn't come back.
The first man thanked us as he returned to his seat.

3 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

I had an experience much like the one you describe and my friend said, 'he's just going to the bar.'
Small world.

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger baruch said...

lol

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

what does 'lol' mean? I keep seeing it but...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home