Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Immovable Object
I returned to Mr Clutch after leaving them with my new clutch and without my £213.
"The clutch is fine" I said " But the light behind the radio display where you can see the time and temperature doesn't work".
"That's because we detached the battery" he said "you just have to put in the code"
"No it isn't" I said " The radio doesn't work - you can't put in the code - the light was working this morning".
"Well all we've done is disconnect the battery" he said.
"No we didn't " said the lad behind him who had done the work on my car "You don't have to on Vauxhalls".
"Well," he said " as he looked me in the eye. "It's probably just the bulb - they do go sometimes."
"Thank you" I said as I left.

2 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

Mr. Clutch? sounds like a desperate man to me

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger baruch said...

He certainly needed my money

 

Post a Comment

<< Home