Thursday, November 16, 2006

...my wife?
Still here in movieland. Watched a third one yesterday but I can't remember what it was at the mo'. While I'm thinking about it I'll mention the two I've watched so far today. I've got a real taste for the old VHS tapes which have been gathering too much dust on my shelves for too long. I just watched Raging Bull (Why d'you fuck my wife?) - DeNiro's beautiful depiction of a despicable character. I'd forgotten that the fat and ageing Jake LaMotta rehearses the "I could've been a contender" speech from On the Waterfront into the mirror. I performed this speech with my partner at a caberet on a camp this summer. There's a bit in the middle which we didn't do. Maybe its from the stage version.
Ah yes - yesterdays third film was Minority Report. I love the portrayal on futuristic technology - see through computers which are manipulated by light sticks on your fingers.
First thing today I watched Millers Crossing - one of the early Coen Brother films. Its a classic "Film Noir" style with a weaving plot like The Maltese Falcon. Classy and gripping.
I'm off now continue the DeNiro/ Scorsese theme with "King of Comedy". See you later.

1 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

bye

 

Post a Comment

<< Home