Saturday, November 11, 2006

More Snippets and some snips
Couldn't get though to the doctors - mum keeps saying to go private - suddenly
"They can see you at 10 o' clock tomorrow".
Leaving early - no spaces to park by the flats.
"I'm not paying £5 for a multi-storey"
The route to level 5 of the Queens Building is temporarily closed - walking through a gangway enclosed by plastic holding her hand , takeaway coffee in the other hand -
"I'm Dr Mohamed - this is my SHO - he'll be um... watching. Is that OK?".
"Please strip to your underwear"
My body being exhibited to other doctor - junior and senior - liking the attention - "We'll take it out now"
"What now... but, but.. OK.. I was expecting to come back in a week or two"
"You can come back if you like.."
"No now is fine.. I was expecting to go to work... can I make some calls... will I be able to drive..."
Lying on my front - stripped to the waist this time - still wearing my jeans - being introduced to the nurse as "This very nice man" by the doctor (I think he couldn't remember my name but it was sweet) - feeling the pain of the injection then feeling the sensation of my skin being tugged and cut, but with no pain - chatting to her as she watched telling her not to look as she might feel sick
"I'm OK" she said"
Talking about anything to take my mind of my back - who could we ask to pick up the car? - I wouldn't be able to play guitar - nurse asking me what music I liked - feeling shy about answering like a teenager - joking with the doctor when he finished stitching me up - have you still got your wristwatch on? - sittin up and feeling queasy - letting her dress me which felt intimate in fornt of the nurse.
Later when friends were round she said it looked like a piece of belly pork.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home