Thursday, November 09, 2006

Professionals
"Hello, is Dr Jones in today?" (Not his real name)
"He's with someone at the moment" said the receptionist in a surprizingly friendly tone.
"Could you get him to phone me, please " I said.
"Can I take your name and number please?" - I gave them.
"Can I ask what it's in connection with?"
"I'm one of his patients"
"Oh!....(embarrassed) I thought you were a colleague or something...Oh!... well in that case...I'll leave a message for him to try to call you after surgery....it doesn't start until 4pm and it finishes at 6....he may be able to call you in between patients or if someone doesn't turn up."

5 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger eatbluesmarties said...

what if you said 'that's right, i'm not a colleague but I am really something - it's called a patient'?

did u get an appointment in the end?

 
At 7:57 PM, Blogger eatbluesmarties said...

why would you wnat to leave HTML tags? are they like nice things to leave, like gifts?

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

I think you should eat blue smarties

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger eatbluesmarties said...

I've never looked back

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger sb4444 said...

Why didn't you use your doctor's real name when you phoned?

That's what probably caused the confusion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home