Monday, November 13, 2006

Quiet Day In
I'm off work at the moment sick. I'm trying to not stretch or lift anything. My wound is sore and uncomfortable. I watched three films. I like watching films. I sometimes wonder how many i could watch in a day before getting fed up. This morning I watched a film that I rented from blockbuster. I was the only one of the 3 that I hadn't seen. I went up there yesterday on the bus (I can't drive at the mo') intending to hire 5 for a fiver for a week. That deal is now 3 for a fiver. I hate blockbusters. Anyway this film was called "Birth". It starred Nicole Kidman as a woman whose husband died 10 years ago.( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0337876/) . A 10 year old boy comes into her life saying he is her dead husband and warning her not to marry her fiance. I liked it a lot.

The second film I watched was Sexy Beast(http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0203119/). It is by the same director Jonathan Glazer - which is what made me think of it. I've seen it a few times and love the way it is filmed as well as Ben Kingsley's portrayal of a real evil bastard - this has to be seen to be believed.

Sexy Beast has a heist in it which gave me an appetite for a heist movie. Oceans 11 jumped off the shelf the fit the bill. (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0240772/). I love the convoluted way they stael the money and the film is only blemished by Don Cheadles appauling cockney accent.

I wonder what delights tommorow will hold.

1 Comments:

At 8:51 PM, Blogger eatbluesmarties said...

i wasn't sure about the film with the kid as the possible reincarnation of dead fiancee - the main premise was too tenuous. Apparently the bath scene caused a scandal though not sure why.
Oceans 11 was good fun - cockney accent was indeed dreadful - did u see oceans 12? - don't!
Sexy beast has that scene where Lovejoy gets one up the jacksie from james fox and the camera honed in on his face and made me thank god i was born heterosexual.
http://www.prontocondoms.co.za/jacob.htm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home