Friday, November 17, 2006

Glutton
I'm still at it. This might be the last day as the boy's coming tonight and I'm hoping to go back to work on monday after the hospital. She said I'm a glutton - that I'm becoming obsessed with what I'm doing - movies and crosswords - and not interested in anything else.
King of Comedy was great. DeNiro as the fan who wants to be famous for a day and ends up kidnapping his idol to do so. Everything about him is despete and creepy. (By the way - in this role with the moustache he bears a slight resemblance to an old friend of mine - Maybe he's been eating too many blue smarties.)
I watched a fourth film yesterday - Life is Sweet - Mike Leigh's picture of family life in the 90's. See it if you haven't. Nutella will never be the same again.
This morning I went back to Blockbusters. Got a Dr Who for him, one for later and I just watched The Woodsman. This stars Kevin Bacon as a paedophile who has come out of prison struggling with life on the outside and with his urges to re-offend. It was contraversial when it came out and I can see why. Having said that - it was in no way sympathetic to Bacon's behaviour - just descriptive. Glad I saw it. Very uncomfortable.
Back to my crossword now - what else is there to do?

1 Comments:

At 8:13 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

you could blog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home