Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Breakers
"Have you got a motor for the thing that squirts water over the windscreeen for an M Reg Astra Estate?", was the question I put to the unsmiling man at the car breakers. I have been going there for years and he rarely shows any emotion in his face. He moved from behind the counter and found a small black motor in a biscuit tin full of parts. He took it too a battery and connected the electrodes to it. It made a buzzing sound.
"How much is that?" I asked
He told me it was £11.75 including VAT and confirmed that it was OK to pay with a card. After I had done this he said,
"I'll just write you out a reciept"
I noticed that on the reciept it said "w/pump".
"Is it called a washer pump" I asked
He nodded
" I never know that these things are called" I said, "So I always have to describe them".
He smiled.

5 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger FBRAK said...

Why is the title of this blog entry 'breakers'?

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger baruch said...

Well young Fbrak, I suggest you re read it for the literal reason and think laterally for any other meanings.

 
At 8:06 PM, Blogger Ladybristol said...

Emotion at last

 
At 8:44 PM, Blogger baruch said...

I second that...

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger FBRAK said...

Ah, I found it. And I didn't need any lateral thinking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home