Wednesday, February 14, 2007

The Spar
I went into my local shop last night to get some milk. It was the first time I'd seen the shopkeeper since she was the subject of an armed robbery a few weeks ago.
"I'm sorry to hear what happened", I said "Horrible business"
"Yes" she said.
"Are you alright?"
"Yes I'm fine thankyou" she said "but I'm still very angry. There were three of them - one held a gun to my head, one at the door and one held a woman customer at gunpoint on the floor."
"Goodness!" I said
"I told them to stop shouting - I don't like people shouting at me"
I nodded
"That woman hasn't been back in - she was a regular customer - they don't think about how people are traumatised"
"No - its terrible - have they been caught?
"No - we've got CCTV but they were masked"
"I don't know why these people are let out of prison - I'm so angry - It happended a while a go and the woman in the shop had a nervous breakdown and had to go to hospital."
"Horrible" I said
"I'd happily march on parliament against these people - why don't they do something to stop it?"
"I know what you mean"
"I guess its your anger that keeps you going" she said.
"Yes". I said as I took my milk and made to leave.
"Thanks for your concern" she said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home