Sunday, March 11, 2007

Control
Its always a risk having access to a computer under the influence. Maybe I should find some way of locking myself out under such circumstances based on likelyhood that I'd forget the password - but I haven't. Anyway - I just thought I'd share with you that given the opportunity of a day to myself (no children or partners) I considered several options in terms of how to occupy "me time". I thought about various creative or recreational pursuits. these included reading, playing music, DIY, and shopping. In the end I plumped for drinking cheap cider and watching sport.- not much of a contest, I'm sure you'll agree.

By the way - as I'm writing this I've been interupted by a phone call from my mother in which I think I've been more genuinly supportive and interested than I usually am.

Also - in case you're thinking what a sad bastard I am - sitting there watching sport and drinking on his own - I'll have you know, I had breakfast with a friend this morning (The cafe has gone No Smoking. Remarkable!) and I was accompanied in my sport watching by another friend - (Non drinking).

I haven't done much housework this weekend - thought I did have a brief attempt at eradicating the brown thing in the toilet and eagerly re-seeded the lawn.

(I just paused to put wheat free pasta onto the boiling pan. It has been boiling for about 20 minutes. Watford are about to play Plymouth in the background))

Anyway - what I was going to tell you was that even though I have thrown caution to the wind with todays activities - even though I have abandoned all useful pursuits in the favour of substance fuelled oblivion - when I went upstairs just now - noticed that I had put all the bedding in the wash - so i put a clean duvet cover on my bed because I knew it would be hassle later.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 AM, Blogger Ladybristol said...

I wish I had been drinking during the match, I may not have taken the result so badly. Plymouth were the better team even if they didn't win and there is always next year.

Viv

 

Post a Comment

<< Home