Thursday, March 22, 2007

Eggs is Eggs
I went into the Spar to get her a video her 'cos she's ill. They didn't have one she wanted so I bought her the pint of organic semi-skimmed she'd asked for. The I went across the road to the offie to buy the two cans of guinness which have become a traditional visiting gift for the friend I was to visit this evening. They sell guiness in the Spar but it's more expensive and I like to support the offie.
I put the cans and the milk on the counter as I got my money out.
"I had the milk when I came in" I said. He looked at it and nodded.
"You don't sell that kind of milk in here - organic - do you? " I said
"No" he replied.
He stared at the carton and asked
"Do you really think it's organic?"
"I don't know", I said "It's for the missis and she does".
"I'm not sure " he said "with all the fertilisers and things".
"It's got an organic mark on it" I said.
"The other day I tried some of those eggs - you know..."
"Free-range?" I said.
"Yes"
"They didn't taste any different to the ordinary ones".
"I think its more about how they treat the animals" I said as I left.

2 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger FBRAK said...

hahahaha, that's funny.

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger alexhighrise said...

fyi; eggs ARE eggs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home